Did you know that there are special enrollment options in Covered California, for those who find themselves at some not-so-usual turning points in their lives?
People who experience a qualifying life event can newly enroll in a health plan through Covered California even outside the open-enrollment period. Currently enrolled members who experience a qualifying life event can change their coverage or choose a new plan. This is called special enrollment.
Even if you only need coverage for a few months, look to Covered California throughout the year for your health insurance needs.
- Lost coverage
- Just married
- Had a baby
- You recently lost or will soon loose your coverage
- You lose Medi-Cal coverage
- You lose your employer-sponsored coverage
- Your COBRA coverage is exhausted. (Note: Not paying your COBRA premium is not considered loss of coverage.)
- You are no longer eligible for student health coverage
- You turn 26 years old and are no longer eligible for a parent’s plan
- You turn 19 years old and are no longer eligible for a child-only plan
These are just some of the more common qualifying life events. Read more about special enrollment and qualifying life events.
See more at: